All feedback, comments, requests for support and other communications relating to this Code of Conduct should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
British Columbia Rugby Union
Code of Conduct
BC Rugby is committed to leading by example, treating all individuals with respect and consideration, providing an organization, a community and an environment that is welcoming, safe and supportive for all Individuals to enjoy Rugby.
- Enhance the safe play of Rugby by instilling and upholding a culture of safety, injury prevention and fair play;
- Understand the symptoms of concussion, and support the disclosure of those symptoms.
- Consistently demonstrate the spirit of sportsmanship, sport leadership and ethical behaviour;
- Ensure adherence to the Laws of the Game and the spirit of those laws;
- Promote Rugby as a Clean Sport and adhere to the Canadian Policy Against Doping in Sport.
- At all times show respect towards officials, coaches, team support personnel, players and opponents;
- Maintain and enhance the dignity and self-esteem of individuals by treating all individuals fairly and respectfully;
- Respect the property of others and not willfully cause damage.
- Proactively invite and include all people in Rugby, regardless of age, athletic ability, gender, ancestry, ethnic or racial origin, nationality, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, religious belief, political belief, disability or economic status.
In accordance with BC Rugby’s Bylaws, this Code of Conduct applies to any Member of BC Rugby and any Director or Officer of BC Rugby. Additionally, it applies to all Individuals’ conduct during or involvement with BC Rugby business, teams, programs, competitions, events and activities. Any Individual who violates this Code may be subject to discipline in accordance with BC Rugby’s Bylaws, Section 12.