March 18, 2021 – Langford, BC: Rugby Canada have announced that applications are now open for the 2021-22 Maple Leaf Academy Program, based at the Al Charron National Training Centre in Langford, BC. The Rugby Canada Maple Leaf Academy serves to facilitate the Development of future Olympians and National Team Athletes. Aspiring female athletes from across the country are recruited through various talent identification pathways, coming together to train full time in Rugby Canada’s high-performance environment.
The Academy is seeking female athletes aged 18-22, who have aspirations of National Team selection and participation in future Olympics. The Maple Leaf Academy is a demanding full time high performance training environment thus ideal athletes are self-motivated and driven to achieve excellence both on and off the field. Athletes must have a growth mindset, and be able to conduct themselves professionally and positively in a close knit team environment.
To read more about the program, visit rugby.ca/en/hq/rcda. To apply, click here.
- March 17, 2021-22: Application Link Open
- April 7, 2021: Application Link Closes
- April 7 – 28, 2021: Shortlist Interviews/Site visits
- April 3, 2021: Letter of Invitation for 2021-22 Season
- May – July, 2021: Completion of Intake & Orientation Deliverables
- Sept. 6, 2021: 2021-22 MAPLE LEAF ACADEMY LAUNCH (Quarter 1 Assessments)
- September – November, 2021: Training & Participation in Regional Scrimmages & Tournaments (TBC)
- December, 2021: Quarterly Assessment – 2 of 4
- *Winter Break: (2-3 weeks TBC)*
- January, 2022: Resume Training
- February, 2022: Western Championships (TBC) & Quarterly Assessment – 3 of 4
- March, 2022: Vancouver Invitational Sevens (TBC)
- *Spring Break (1 week TBC)*
- May, 2022: Langford Next Gen Sevens (TBC) & Quarterly Assessment – 4 of 4
- May 27th, 2022: LAST DAY OF ACADEMY TRAINING