The BC Rugby Strategic Plan 2017/18-2021/22 has identified six strategic priorities that align to BC Rugby’s Purpose to grow, develop, and manage the sport of Rugby in British Columbia.
The six priorities outlined in the new plan include:
- growing participation;
- increasing access to safe places to play;
- developing more BC players to lead National Teams to success;
- improving the Rugby experience for players, coaches and officials;
- providing smart and professional leadership; and
- providing valued service to stakeholders and partners.
These priorities are framed within the organization’s value commitments of safety, integrity, respect and inclusion for all.
The Plan was created with support from EY and through a collaborative process which included seven community consultations held across the Province, as well as meetings with viaSport, CSI Pacific, the Aboriginal Sport, Recreation and Physical Activity Council, High School Rugby Associations and Rugby Canada. Valuable insights and feedback were obtained through this collaborative process that shaped the final Plan which was approved by the Board of Directors In the fall of 2016.