BC Rugby needs your help! We are seeking numerous volunteers to help support the 2023 Provincial Regional Championships taking place on July 7-9, 2023 at UBC’s Gerald McGavin Rugby Centre in Vancouver.
The famous BC Rugby weekend returns this July with the best youth Rugby players in BC suiting up for their respective regional XVs teams for a bumper weekend of action across U18, U16 and U14 age groups.
With over 1000 players and spectators expected to be involved in boys and girls divisions throughout the weekend, it’s important that athletes get the best tournament experience possible. To do this, BC Rugby is calling for volunteers to help with set-up, tear-down and game-day activities.
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking for volunteers to fill several rolls throughout the weekend, across a variety of shifts. Volunteers must be 19+. These roles include:
- Camera Staff Assistant – helping manage and maintain the operations of the A.I. cameras that are livestreaming the event
- Field Control – Ensuring spectators stay off field and officials have room to complete their roles
- Field Setup/Teardown – Helping to setup and teardown the field with flags, tents, post pads, and uprights
- Score Runners – Collecting results from the referee at the end of each game and bringing the results to the tournament control
- Scoreboard Manager – Updating the score of the games as they take place
- Site Assistant – Collecting trash, checking and cleaning facilities as needed
- Team Directional – Directing teams at warm up fields, and to other warmup fields
Each day of the event will be split into four shifts. Volunteers can apply for multiple shifts throughout the weekend. Shift times are as follows:
Friday July 7th: 7:30am-11:30am, 8:30am-12:30pm, 12:15pm-4:15pm, 3:30pm-7:30 pm
Saturday July 8th: 7:30am – 11:30am, 8:30am – 12:30pm, 12:15pm – 4:15pm, 3:30pm – 7:30 pm
Sunday July 9th: 7:30am – 11:30am, 8:30am – 12:30pm, 12:15pm – 4:15pm, 3:30pm – 7:30 pm
Volunteers will be provided details on their role prior to the event, and be given an orientation on site before beginning their shifts. Each shift will be four hours and volunteers will be provided with snacks and drinks.
BC Rugby requests all volunteers must complete the World Rugby Concussion Management for the General Public Certification and will be required to show certification ahead of their shifts. Note all certifications are only valid for two years, and all certifications must have a date of July 9, 2021 or later.
If you are interested in volunteering at the 2023 PRCs, please fill out the below form no later than Sunday, July 2.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.