The SHRed Concussions Research team at the BC Injury Research and Prevention Unit and University of British Columbia (UBC) is hiring Therapists through BC Rugby to help support the research program at identified Clubs in the Lower Mainland.
We are looking for 7-8 therapists (per evening) on September 19-22 at various locations. Therapists will be reimbursed for all sessions.
BC Rugby Therapists involved with SHRed Concussions have two responsibilities:
- Assisting with SCAT5 administration during baseline testing sessions
- Injury follow-up with individual clubs
The SHRed Concussions Mobile will be visiting Vancouver with a research team from UCalgary to support baseline testing of the identified teams with the UBC research group prior to the upcoming Club season.
Testing will occur Monday, September 19th through Thursday, September 22nd and will occur in evenings, in place of normal Club training times.
- Monday, September 19, 4:30pm-6:30pm – Langley Rugby Club, Milner Park, 6810 Johnston Townline Rd #6732, Langley, BC V2Y 1S6
- Tuesday, September 20, 4:30pm-6:30pm – Bayside Rugby Club, South Surrey Athletic Park, 1925 148 St, Surrey, BC V4A 9P6
- Wednesday, September 21, 4:30pm-6:30pm – Bayside Rugby Club, South Surrey Athletic Park, 1925 148 St, Surrey, BC V4A 9P6
- Thursday, September 22, 4:30pm-6:30pm – United RFC, Mundy Park Field 4, 641 Hillcrest St, Coquitlam, BC V3J 6N9
For more details on how to get involved, click here.