Priest Valley was the original colonial name for Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. It was established as an outstation by the priests from Okanagan Mission. The name was changed to Vernon in 1887. The Priest Valley Vicars came into being through a request from the Silver Sage, a newly formed team in Kamloops, for players to help play against the Twilighters and Valley Vintage in a mini tournament in Kamloops, BC. The event precipitated the idea to form a team in Vernon. The newly named Priest Valley Vicars of Vernon played their first game on June 23rd, 1984, against the Kamloops Silver Sage at MacDonald Park in Vernon.
A Rugby Club dedicated to having fun, building friendships and promoting Rugby in the Okanagan Valley. The Vicars are always looking for enthusiastic players and supporters to join our over 38’s rugby club. We are based out of Kelowna, but we have members from throughout the Okanagan Valley, as well as other BC regions like the Kootenays and the Nicola Valley.